Article 1 – Definitions
In these terms and conditions, the following definitions apply:
1. Cooling-off period: the period within which the customer can make use of his right of withdrawal;
2. Customer: The person with whom Confucius Institute Maastricht has entered into an agreement;
3. Parties: Confucius Institute Maastricht and customer together;
4. Day: calendar day;
5. Duration transaction: a distance contract with regard to a series of products and/or services, the delivery and/or purchase obligation of which is spread over time;
6. Durable data carrier: any means that enables the customer or entrepreneur to store information addressed to him personally in a way that allows future consultation and unaltered reproduction of the stored information.
7. Right of withdrawal: the option for the customer to waive the distance contract within the cooling-off period;
8. Model form: the model form for withdrawal that Confucius Institute Maastricht makes available that a customer can fill in when he wants to make use of his right of withdrawal.
9. Confucius Institute Maastricht: the natural or legal person who offers products and/or services to customers at a distance;
10. Distance contract: an agreement in which, within the framework of a system for distance selling of products and/or services organized by Confucius Institute Maastricht, up to and including the conclusion of the agreement, exclusive use is made of one or more techniques for communication at a distance;
11. Technique for distance communication: means that can be used for concluding an agreement, without the customer and entrepreneur meeting simultaneously in the same room.
12. General Terms and Conditions: the present General Terms and Conditions of Confucius Institute Maastricht.