12 Nov Winter Food
Delicious dish against winter cold
There has been a proverb in China which says: “Dietary nourishment is better than medicinal treatment.”
So diet therapy and diet supplement have been a long traditional Chinese health concept. As the concept suggests, the proper use of specific foods can achieve certain therapeutic purpose to promote optimum health and to help you away from a lot diseases.
Winter is considered to be the best season to do the diet therapy and supplement. For example, a stew of mutton and white radish is thought to be one of the best tonic dishes for winter as the perfect match of mutton and white radish is believed to make you feel warmer in winter and to improve your immunity against cold.
Curious? Try yourself!
500 grams of mutton
250 grams of white radish
50 grams of sliced onion
50 grams soy sauce
50 grams of oil
50 ml of Chinese cooking wine
- Clean the mutton, cut into pieces of 5 cm square, boil it with hot water for 20 seconds and take out to dry it
- Cut the radish into 5 cm square blocks, simmer with hot water
- Put 50 grams of oil in the iron pan, heat the oil for one minute, put some sugar in. Stir constantly until the sugar is bubbling then put the mutton into the pan.
- Keep stirring the meat until the mutton is evenly colored, then put 50 grams of soy sauce and the onions, ginger and garlic.
- Cover the pan with lid for 5 minutes, then put in hot water, simmer with highest temperature, and put some Chinese cooking wine and go on stew it for 5- 6 minutes.
- When the meat is half-cooked, pour the radish into the pot, put the salt, and go on heat the pan with the lid on.
- After 25 minutes when the meat and radish are well-cooked, pour them out of the pot and enjoy it!
You can add some of your own favorite food into the dish like corn, jujube or carrot.