25 Aug CIM is looking for an intern!
Confucius Institute Maastricht is a knowledge institute for Chinese language and culture located in the charming city of Maastricht. It was co-founded in 2017 by Zuyd University of Applied Sciences and Dongbei University of Finance and Economics. CIM offers a number of Chinese language courses to students ranging from children to business professionals. We also host events to share Chinese culture in the community such as Tea Workshops and Chinese New Year celebrations.
Are you interested in helping this young and ambitious organization grow and develop?
Join our international team and start your new challenge in September!*
We are looking for a new inter(s) starting from September 16th 2020 for a duration of 4-6 months.
What will you do?
In this position, you will be expected to make valuable contributions to our courses, workshop and events, with a specific focus on marketing and communications. You will be asked to devise and implement improvement ideas for website, social media, student recruitment and other communication channels to help CIM continue to develop its brand.
Your day-to-day tasks include
- Assist in organizing workshops, courses and events
- Create content for website, social media and newsletters
- Work on student recruitment and brand awareness
- Support projects with research and stakeholder contact
(e.g. New Office in Municipality Sittard-Geleen)
What are our requirements?
- Master’s or Bachelor’s Student of Communications, Business Administration, Media & Design, International Studies, Politics or another related field
- Proactive and entrepreneurial
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Affinity with China
- Knowledge of Chinese language is a must (HSK 4)
- Energetic and eager to tackle new projects and ideas
What do we offer you?
- Monthly compensation
- Network opportunities with individuals from Netherlands and China
- 32 hour work week
- Opportunity to work on thesis or independent research alongside internship
- Professional development
Are you interested in this unique opportunity? Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
For more information, you may contact Cathérine Castermans, Office manager at Confucius Institute Maastricht via firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you!