17 May 20th Chinese Bridge competition
The Chinese Bridge Competition is back!
After the great success of last year’s Chinese Bridge Competition, we are honored to announce that we have been selected to host this year’s twentieth edition of the ‘Chinese Bridge’ Proficiency Competition for Dutch HBO and University Students 2021, better known as 汉语桥比赛 !
This year’s theme “One World, One Family” is now, more than ever, important to keep in mind after over 16 months of global change. We believe that through education, innovation, and technology, we can write a new chapter together!
汉语桥比赛 is a globally recognized international Chinese speech competition that provides a platform for cultural and educational exchange. It offers talented students working on mastering the Chinese language an opportunity to showcase their progress and gain confidence in their speaking abilities, taking a further step in pursuing their dreams and future careers.
This year’s online edition is planned for the 15th of July 2021, broadcasted live from Maastricht.
The competition consists of 3 parts:
- A speech on a self-chosen topic around the theme One World, One Family and a short self-introduction in Chinese.
- A Q&A round in which participants will be asked one question about Chinese language, Chinese culture or SDG topics. The competition question bank will be released to qualified contestants before the competition.
- A talent demonstration where participants will be invited to share one of their talents relating to Chinese culture, such as Chinese calligraphy, poetry recitation, singing, martial arts, paper cutting, mask painting, etc.
The top three participants will receive exciting prizes, including internship positions, a study trip, participation in the final round of the Chinese Bridge competition, and more. The final prizes will be communicated to the contestants prior to participation, and we are proud to announce that one of the top three will have the opportunity to intern at EGGXPERT, the innovative startup using egg membranes for sustainable cosmetics and personal health products.
In what remain to be uncertain times, we will unite as one family and indeed one world on our online platform to support this contest for a second year. Confucius Institute Maastricht (CIM) prioritizes the well-being of participants and is committed to doing everything possible to create a safe competition environment.
Sign up before June 17th to secure your place in the competition and use this unique chance to show us your Chinese skills and learn from each other from the comfort of your own home!
We are proud to offer exciting prizes to top contestants, currently including:
- Travel to China to compete in the final competition round of the Chinese Bridge program (COVID-restrictions pending)
- 3-month internship position at the Sino-Europe Service Desk of LIOF
- Internship during 2021-2022 academic year at Limburg startup Eggxpert
- Internship with SEIPA and international partners
- Vouchers for HSK course of choice
- Other special gifts from sponsors
You are only one click away!
Please read the Entry requirements & other info for more information.
Want to register? Click here
Find below several messages from supporters, participants, and sponsors of the Hanyuqiao![/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]